Monday 25 April 2011

Evaluation - Main and Ancillary Task

 How effective is the combination of your main and ancillary texts?

At the beginning of the project I chose to create the concert ticket and billboard poster but also gained the t-shirt design and throughout there creation and development I have tried to link them as closely as possible to the video.

All of the images I have used have always contained every band member and this links to the video because every band member  is referenced and each seen several times during the video. I have also tried to ensure that the band wear the same or similar clothing to what they wear in the video but this was not always possible.

On the concert tickets I used the same style of images but on The Fray special ticket I have used an image where the singer faces a different direction to the other members but all the others face the same way, this was done to link the ticket to the video. In the video the audience find out about the band but don't find out till the end whether they are actually put together and on the ticket I created that image to show the message of our video.

For the billboards I used different images but the New York billboard I used an image that reflected some of the audiences feedback, this was confusion. Some audience members couldn't differentiate between our narrative and band shots and I decided to use that as a theme for the image used which is the band staring forward with a confused look on their faces. Although not directly linked to the video itself it could be seen as linking to a hidden theme presented in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment