Monday 25 April 2011

Evaluation - Technology used

How did you use new media technologies in the construction research, planning and evaluation stages?


Throughout the process of creating the music video and all the ancillary tasks a range of programs were used and some different new media technology. The most frequently used programs was Adobe Photoshop CS3 which is a image manipulation program, this aided in the creation of all the ancillary tasks and editing of the images used.
Photoshop from the start was used to remove the background of the range of images used and this is evident in some of my previous posts. The program has also allowed me to enhance the images whether that be darkening the images or rearranging the image to make a better one, the program has allowed me to test my skills and develop them.
The next program used was Adobe Premier Pro CS3 which is a video editing software which allows the editing of clips to arranging shots in the chosen order. Although at the start I didn't have the knowledge of how to use the program throughout the construction of the video I gained valuable knowledge which gave me the experience to add motions to clips for example zooms and rotations or using the layers to create a graphic match. Premier Pro also allowed me to change the video as I wanted and this could be changing the transitions added or removing a clip and using the razor tool to cut the clip to a more appropriate section.
Premier Pro also has a conversion function which allowed our group to convert  different versions of the video and transfer them via a USB memory stick to another computer so that we could play the video to any audience to gain feedback ensuring that we made a video with a clear narrative and was entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment